Guidance & Support
recruiting and supporting teachers offering guidance in retreat, daily practice, and study
a good person = sappurisa
- dhammaññū = is one who has a sense for truth, and the teachings of it;
- atthaññū = is one who has a sense for meaning and purpose, especially of the teachings;
- attaññū = is one who has a sense of themself, the nature of what they are;
- mattaññū = is one who has a sense of moderation, the appropriate measure for things;
- kālaññū = is one who has a sense of timing, the appropriate time for things;
- parisaññū = is one who has a sense of the group, and group dynamics;
- puggalaññū = is one who has a sense of people, their individual differences.
- (e.g.) Dīgha Nikāya 33
The Guidance & Support team will make decisions regarding inviting and supporting teachers for study, daily & retreat practice, in accordance with the Range of Practice policy.
At retreats, teachers will take primary responsibility for creating and protecting an emotionally safe space, online and at residential retreats, and for guiding individuals towards breadth and depth of practice. Meditation instructions and individual interviews will be provided as needed. Question & Answer sessions with teachers in the evening will not have a set finish time, but instead will continue until we are satisfied as a group that we can go on practicing with confident and settled minds.
- Decide if & how teachers of study & retreat portions are to be supported financially
- Recruit teachers to guide study, daily life, and retreat practice (interviews and Q&A)